- Director Mike Newell (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) teams with producer Jerry Bruckheimer to bring us the film adaptation of adventure game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Being a massive fan of the game series, the film is one of my Summer highlights. With Jake Gyllenhaal in the title role, a man who looks almost identical to the game's Persian Prince, the film should be one of the most enjoyable, all-round-epic films of the year.
- Streetdance 3D gets its official nationwide release. See last week's post if you wish to know more -- if there's actually anything needing explained?
- The evidence of Nicholas Cage's acting-comeback is beginning to pile up with Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, a film which has been critically praised since it's day of release in the States (it's already out to purchase over there). The film also stars Eva Mendes, Val Kilmer and is directed by Werner Herzog.
- Kevin Smith's latest comedy-fest is cop-spoof Cop Out. The film generally spends 90 minutes taking the piss out of every cop movie released in the last ten years. Bruce Willis and 30 Rock-actor Tracy Morgan star, with, apparently, a rather hilarious cameo by American Pie-actor Seann William Scott.
- Finally, Jim Sturgess stars in Heartless, a man with a disfiguring birth mark on his face uncovers demons on the streets of London.
If you catch any of the films on nationwide, or limited, release this week, leave me a comment with your thoughts. I'd greatly appreciate it!